OFFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Derby’s Mike Kreiger: Passed for 267 yards and three touchdowns and rushed 10 times for 121 yards and a score in a 34-7 win over Wilby on Friday.
- Morgan’s Jake Ward: Rushed 31 times for 313 yards and five touchdowns in a 62-35 victory over Coginchaug on Saturday.
- Seymour’s Joey Salemme: Rushed for 240 yards and three touchdowns in a 42-0 win over Watertown on Friday.
- Wilbur Cross’ Stevie Swinson: Rushed for 249 yards and a touchdown in a 24-0 win over East Haven on Friday.
DEFENSIVE PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Fairfield Prep’s Stephen Walsh: Returned an interception 44 yards for a touchdown in a 32-6 win over Branford on Friday.
- Hand’s Tommy Wilson: Scored on a 35-yard interception return in a 21-6 victory over North Haven on Friday.
- Northwest Catholic’s Errol Alexander: Recovered a fumble with under a minute remaining as the Indians held off Plainville 21-20 on Saturday.
- West Haven’s Jesse Ridgway: Returned an interception 62 yards for a score in a 42-14 win over Guilford on Friday.
SPECIAL TEAMS PLAYERS OF THE WEEK
- Capital Prep/Classical Magnet/Achievement First’s Karon Daniels: Scored on a 85-yard kickoff return in a 43-10 win over Putnam/Tourtellotte/Ellis Tech on Saturday. Daniels also had a rushing touchdowns and nine tackles.
- Cheshire’s Mark Dietrich: Blocked an extra point attempt, and then the Rams scored the winning touchdown on the next possession in overtime, in a 28-27 victory over Sheehan on Friday.
- New Canaan’s Peter Swindell: Made a 33-yard field goal and six extra points in a 45-21 win over Fairfield Warde on Friday.
- Westhill’s Quaheem Dufane: Scored on a 90-yard kickoff return in a 21-15 loss to McMahon on Saturday.
TEAMS OF THE WEEK
- Glastonbury: Shut out then No. 3 Norwich Free Academy 6-0 on Friday.
- Hand: Knocked off then No. 8, and previously unbeaten, North Haven 21-6 on Friday.
- Platt Tech: Defeated Abbott Tech 21-20 to post its first victory of the season on Saturday.
- Woodland: Defeated Naugatuck 25-22 on Friday in a contest of teams that both entered unbeaten.
PLAYS OF THE WEEK
Nominations for PLAYS OF THE WEEK can be sent via video link (either on Hudl or YouTube or whatever) to email@example.com or Tweet @GameTimeCT or @SPBowley with a link to your play. PLAY OF THE WEEK winners will be added to a video to be displayed Tuesday night. Deadline for submissions is Tuesday at 6.
ON THE AIR
- Notre Dame-West Haven (1-3) at West Haven (3-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WELI 960-AM and GoGreenKnights.com
- Norwalk (2-2) at Greenwich (2-2), Friday, 7 p.m.: WGCH 1490-AM
- Seymour (2-2) at Sacred Heart (0-4), Thursday, 6 p.m.: WATR 1320-AM
- Fairfield Ludlowe (3-1) at Staples (3-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WWPT 90.3-FM
- Amity (3-1) at Xavier (3-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: WCNX 1710-AM
- Fairfield Prep (3-1) at Shelton (4-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: CPTVSports.org (check local listings)
GET OUT AND GO
- Rocky Hill (4-0) at Platt (4-0), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: Rocky Hill knocked off previously unbeaten Bloomfield last week. Now the Terriers will try to do the same to the Panthers.
- Ledyard (4-0) at NFA (2-1), Friday, 6:30 p.m.: NFA needs to quickly rebound from its 6-0 loss to Glastonbury last week.
- Ansonia (4-0) at Derby (4-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: The Valley is all abuzz for the 91st meeting between these arch-rivals. Contest has meaning this year, too. NVL Brass Division title might be decided here.
- Notre Dame-West Haven (1-3) at West Haven (3-1), Friday, 7 p.m.: The battle of West Haven is always intense, regardless of the records.
- Fairfield Prep (3-1) at Shelton (4-0), Friday, 7 p.m.: Huge game. Really nothing more to say.