The playoff contenders are dwindling by the day and most of our fair football teams are now playing for winning seasons, .500 records, pride, to get better, what have you.
There’s still plenty going on though, plenty of big game from which to choose Friday night. You can put on a blindfold and throw a dart at the three big SCC games and you won’t go wrong.
But if high-stakes SCC games aren’t your thing (huh?), you can always check out unbeaten McMahon take on 6-2 Ridgefield up at Tiger Hollow. There’s an FCIAC championship at stake for the Senators. Playoffs at stake for both.
Or check out the big Class L matchup of Farmington and Bristol Eastern. Or maybe you’re intrigued about Middletown at New London.
So once again let’s take quick look around the Nutmeg slate and see what’s what has we dive into Week 9.
- Week 9′s Games to Watch: It’s elimination weekend in SCC
- Prep football: Hopkins hopes to finish on positive note vs. Hamden Hall
- Ansonia’s Brockett talks Chargers on national football show
- New Canaan’s Marinelli talks No. 1 Rams and an open division on WFSB
- Sean Patrick Bowley’s Audibles: Statewide guide to Week 9
- Pooch’s Picks: Predictions for Week 9
- No. 2 Ansonia survives Seymour’s upset bid
- GameTimeCT / Register Top 10 Poll: We have a new No. 1
- Regional football notebook: Guilford has sights on first division title
- Tuesday Morning Quarterback: Top Players, teams of Week 8; Look ahead to Week 9
- State Football beat: The Week 9 FCIAC, SWC, NVL championship scenarios
- The Day of New London previews, to broadcast New London-Middletown
- GameTimeCT Week 8 Plays of the Week
- Ray Curren’s Inside the SCC: The Week 8 running diary